Monday, December 14, 2009

West African Dance Class in Downtown Brooklyn

Since the closure of Djoniba Dance and Drum School which is to reopen sometime in January. It's been very hard to find a really good African dance class that works with my schedule. Well look no further I've found the place. Come to Brooklyn and take West African with Ismael Kouyate at the Mark Morris Dance center in downtown Brooklyn. I took the Beginner class which left me drenched my limbs flailing and a thirst for more knowledge of traditional Guinea dance and the drumming was off the hook. I must say that I was truly left satisfied. Here is the info and a taste of Ismael's skills. Hope to see you in class.

ismaelkouyate.com

Mark Morris Dance Group
3 Lafayette Ave
Across the Street From BAM
Mondays
Beg 6:00-7:30
Adv 7:30-9:00

No comments:

Post a Comment